The Human PBMC Leukopak Isolation Kit streamlines PBMC isolations by eliminating the need for excess equipment and time-consuming sample preparation (i.e., Ficoll gradients or lysis) – allowing you more time to spend focusing on what matters, your science. By ruling out the need for pre-processing, the Human PBMC Leukopak Isolation Kit minimizes handling steps and consistently delivers more isolated leukopak PBMCs. Get the most out of your time and material with the Human PBMC Leukopak Isolation Kit.
Mechanism of Action: Leukopak samples contain a milieu of immune cells (i.e., white blood cells), plasma, platelets, and red blood cells. The Human PBMC Leukopak Isolation Kit uses a negative selection method to enrich leukopak PBMCs by removing unwanted cell populations.
These unwanted cells are labeled with an optimized cocktail of biotinylated antibodies targeting CD66b, CD123, and CD235ab. BACS™ Streptavidin Microbubbles are mixed into the sample where they bind to the labeled cells and gently float them to the surface. Untouched leukopak PBMCs in their original state are subsequently harvested. Isolated leukopak PBMCs are suitable for flow cytometry, molecular assays, activation and expansion, cell culture, or other functional studies.
How it Works: The Human PBMC Cell from Leukopak Biotin-Antibody Cocktail is added to the leukapheresis product to label unwanted cell populations. BACS™ Streptavidin Microbubbles are added to the sample and bind to the biotin-labeled cells. Due to their inherent buoyancy, the microbubbles quickly and gently float the non-T cells to the surface. Following centrifugation, the T cells are collected.
- Storage: 4°C
- Cell Type: PBMCs
- Sample Species and Source: Human Leukopaks (red blood cells and white blood cells combined)
- Cell Separation Method: Negative Selection
- Capacity: 12.5 x 10⁹ total cells (enough to process an average half-leukopak)
- Research Use Only
This kit comes with:
- 62.5 mL BACS™ Streptavidin Microbubbles
- 12.5 mL Human PBMC from Leukopak Biotin-Antibody Cocktail
- 500 mL Separation Buffer (Ca2+ and Mg2+ free PBS containing 2 mM EDTA, 0.5% biotin-free BSA)
- 3 Microbubble Separation Tubes
Recommended for Best Results
- 20 rpm tube rotator for mixing (e.g., Thermo Scientific cat#: 88881002)
- Centrifuge (swinging bucket rotor strongly preferred)
- Vacuum aspirator
- 50 mL centrifuge tubes