Akadeum’s Streptavidin Microbubbles are useful for binding and separating biotinylated target molecules such as antibodies, proteins, and DNA. These microbubbles are compatible with any biotinylated target, allowing for the development of unique, highly-specific, and customized applications.
Mechanism of Action: Akadeum’s Streptavidin Microbubbles are high-buoyancy microspheres coated in streptavidin. These microbubbles leverage the biotin-streptavidin binding complex and can be used for binding biotinylated target molecules like antibodies, proteins, DNA, and more. They permit the capture and sorting of a diverse range of targets such as cells, bacteria, viruses, or other molecular analytes allowing for highly-specific and customized applications.
How it Works: Akadeum’s Streptavidin Microbubbles are gently mixed into the sample where they bind to the biotinylated targets. Using their inherent buoyancy, the microbubbles quickly and gently float the biotinylated analytes to the surface for collection or removal.
- Storage: Store microbubbles at 4°C
- Quantity/Volume:5 mL
- Concentration: 100 million / mL
- Format: Liquid solution containing 0.09% sodium azide
This kit comes with:
- 5 mL Streptavidin Microbubbles
- Separation Buffer (Ca2+ and Mg2+ free PBS containing 2 mM EDTA, 0.5% biotin-free BSA, and 0.09% sodium azide)
- 5 mL Eppendorf Tubes
For best results, the following supplies are recommended:
- Low retention 1,000 uL pipet tips
- Centrifuge with swinging bucket rotor
- Vacuum aspirator