The Human CD14+ Monocyte Isolation Kit delivers a high purity population of classical human monocytes that are ready for downstream use. The BACS™ Microbubble workflow is exceptionally gentle on cells, helping to maintain the health and physiology of monocytes during enrichment.
Mechanism of Action: The Human CD14+ Monocyte Isolation Kit uses a negative selection method to remove unwanted cell populations and effectively enrich CD14+ monocytes. Unwanted cells are labeled with an optimized cocktail of biotinylated antibodies targeting CD3, CD5, CD15, CD16, CD19, CD20, CD56, CD57, CD66b, CD123, CD235ab, CD314.
How it Works: The biotinylated antibody cocktail is added to the sample to label unwanted cells. BACS™ Microbubbles are added to the sample and bind to the antibody-labeled cells. Microbubbles bound to the undesired cells, quickly and gently float the undesired cells to the surface. CD14+ monocytes, the cells of interest, are pelleted through centrifugation. Microbubble-bound cells and supernatant are easily aspirated away, leaving untouched and enriched CD14+ monocytes healthy and ready for downstream use.
- Storage: 4°C
- Cell Type: Human CD14+ Monocytes
- Sample Species and Source: Human MNCs
- Cell Separation Method: Negative Selection
- Capacity: 1 billion MNCs
This kit comes with:
- BACS™ Streptavidin Microbubbles
- Human CD14+ Monocyte Biotin Antibody Cocktail
- Separation Buffer (Ca2+ and Mg2+ free PBS containing 2 mM EDTA, 0.5% biotin-free BSA)
- 5 mL Tubes
For best results, the following supplies are recommended:
- 20 rpm tube rotator for mixing
- Centrifuge with swinging bucket rotor
- Vacuum aspirator
- 30 μm cell strainer