Spend less time preparing your sample and more time analyzing it with our 25-minute, industry-leading microbubble protocol. BACS™ Dead Cell Removal Microbubbles eliminate dead cells, enabling better science with more isolated, viable cells in a cleaner sample.
Mechanism of Action: During apoptosis, phosphatidylserine (PS) – a phospholipid normally found on the inner surface of the plasma membrane – is redistributed to the extracellular surface. The relocation of PS to the outer surface of the cell membrane provides an effective target for differentiating dead cells from viable cells within a biological sample. The Dead Cell Removal Kit utilizes BACS™ Microbubbles coated with Annexin V, a PS binding molecule, to capture and float dead cells away.
How it Works: The Dead Cell Removal Microbubble Kit are mixed into the sample where they bind to dead and dying cells. Using their inherent buoyancy, the microbubbles quickly and gently float the dead cells to the surface. Following a centrifugation step, the microbubbles and dead cells are aspirated away leaving the viable cells of interest untouched and ready for downstream applications.
- Storage: 4°C
- Cell Type: Multiple
- Sample Species and Source: Multiple
- Cell Separation Method: Negative
- Capacity: 1 mL of Annexin V BACS™ Microbubbles
- Sample Size: 500k-50M cells
This kit comes with:
- Dead Cell Removal Microbubbles
- Dead Cell Removal Binding Buffer
- 1M CaCl2
Recommended for Best Results
- 20 rpm tube rotator for mixing (e.g., Thermo Scientific cat#: 88881002)
- Centrifuge (swinging bucket rotor strongly preferred)
- Vacuum aspirator