Ann Arbor, MI
Akadeum is seeking a Production Support Chemist with an early-stage mindset who will help manufacture kits and materials to support customers and partnerships, following standard operations procedures under a quality system. In your role, you will also help with shipping and support R&D material requests as needed. The role may include other duties as required to support company growth and operations.
You will bring outstanding communication skills, a very high level of attention to detail, and an enjoyment of processes. You enjoy following established procedures, along with taking pride in delivering high quality products to researchers. Being highly motivated to produce disruptive technology under timelines and comfortable working in a fast-paced setting both as part of a team and independently is also important.
This Role is a Fit if you:
- are process oriented and appreciate the finer details of the life sciences
- want to apply your love of chemistry and biochemistry to produce disruptive, research-enabling, high quality products
- prefer to follow established procedures and processes
- desire to be part of a dynamic, growing early-stage company where your impact will be across all parts of the organization
- Manufacture of reagents for cell separation kits and partnerships in a GMP environment, inclusive of bottle and tube labeling and filling
- Master all areas of the production process and support drafting of new documents and forms as needed
- Commitment to production of high-quality kit components and kits in a repeatable fashion under GMP regulations and in a safe manner
- Perform requested tests, analyzing any relevant data, and reporting metrics/data from manufacturing
- Maintain a clean, safe facility and equipment; support annual equipment preventive maintenance activities
- Ensure orders are filled in a timely manner and assist with shipping product
- Completion of all necessary documentation in a regulated environment and timely manner
- Support of R&D and partnership materials requests
- Labeling and filling of demo bottles for conferences and external presentations
- Reporting of inventory used in manufacturing process and involvement in year-end inventory audit
- Maintain raw materials, work in process and finished goods in organized, clean manner
- Various office tasks as needed and other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in the life sciences
- Lab experience in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering, and/or materials science (industry experience preferred)
- Comfortable working in a chemical fume hood, biological safety cabinet, and with basic laboratory tasks such as preparing buffers, centrifugation, filtration, handling organic solvents
- Excellent record keeping skills and a very high level of attention to details is required for success in this role, along with desire to follow SOPs without deviation
- Follow good manufacturing practices and good documentation practices, including generating standard operating procedures, documentation review, and inventory control under GMP and/or ISO guidelines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent time management abilities and comfortable juggling multiple tasks at once
- Desire to collaborate cross-functionally to meet company goals and objectives
- Clear communication and inquisitive nature
How to Apply
Akadeum Life Sciences, Inc. offers a dynamic entrepreneurial working environment and is an equal opportunity employer.
For consideration, please submit a resume along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.